ICYMI: All from D23’s Disney Game Showcase
The mega-conglomerate hosted a videogame announcement conference at their D23, Disney’s annual conference that covers everything they own. Their properties were the event’s focus, which Disney licenses to various publishers and developers around the industry, including Goliath to Mickey Mouse. We have a breakdown below for those who couldn’t make it to the event.
- The showcase begins with a World Premiere. We borrow the phrasing and the honest tone from Geoff Keighley’s many gaming event shows. There aren’t many details, but there is a Steam page.
- Next, a game featuring Mickey, Minnie, and Donald in a multiplayer 2D platformer looks like Rayman Origins. The Disney Illusion Island title has no target date beyond 2023 but does show a “Nintendo eShop listing” on the last screen.
- Next up is Marvel Midnight Suns. This trailer has been delayed several times since its unveiling last year. This time we get a gameplay trailer with a December 2 release date. The trailer also includes animated prequels that will be shown before the game. It looks strange on everyone except Wolverine, as everyone is wearing yellow-black. These shorts will air on October 31.
- Next is Marvel Strike Force. This is a mobile action game. This trailer is CG and shows Red Hulk joining Apokolips to announce that Red Hulk will be playing the game.
Next is Marvel Snap, which is free to play Marvel game. Awkwafina puts pepper at the end of every sentence in an ad. The game will launch in 1.0 on October 18.
- The next game is Aliens Dark Descent, an Aliens-based strategy game that will be released on PC and consoles next year.
- Ubisoft’s avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has some footage that seems old ahead of Ubisoft Forward tomorrow.
- Ron Gilbert gives us a quick glimpse of Return To Monkey Island. It will be available on Switch and PC starting September 19.
- Gargoyles Revived has been casually announced. It is a remastering of the Genesis game, based on the fantastic TV show. This was produced by Streets Of Kamurocho developer Empty Clip.
- Next is Disney’s action RPG Mirrorverse a mobile game focusing on its villains.
- Another look at Disney Speedstorm, the kart racing driver who has made a few appearances on gaming shows. Mulan, the Disney character with the most body mass, is racing alongside Sully, Jack Sparrow, and Mickey. The trailer ends with a teaser of more Monsters Inc. characters. Mike Makowski should not be looking at the steering wheel.
- Disney Dreamlight Valley will be next. It is available on almost everything. It’s a Stardew/ Animal Crossing game that introduces a Toy Story world for you to explore. They managed to create the most deviant-looking and sexually deviant Wood they could. Today, the world is launched.
- Avatar Reckoning is a mobile MMORPG shooter that can be found in the Avatar world. The blue guys get guns and armor. This game may convince me that I didn’t know what IP was. It will be coming soon.
- Next up is Skydance Games’ and Amy Hennigs Marvel game, which was leaked earlier today. It shows Captain America and T’chanka in Paris during WWII. It is not named for some reason.
Next is World of Heroes, a new Marvel title by Niantic Games. It looks exactly like every other Niantic game. That was the end. Odd. It’s okay!
What did you think about the Disney showcase? What was your favorite part of the Disney showcase? Please let us know in the comments.