VICTORIA 3 CONSOLE COMMANDS AND CHEATS
Victoria 3’s console commands and cheats can be helpful whether you are just starting or returning to play another game. They can be used to grow your empire quickly or to deal with minor nuisances more efficiently.
Victoria 3’s console commands, cheats list, and shortcuts give you many options. However, to be able to annexe countries and make money instantly, you will need first to know how to activate the console.
Victoria 3 Console Commands and Cheats
You should know how to access Victoria 3’s console if you have played any of the Clausewitz engine games, such as Crusader Kings 3.
Steam: Right-click the game, select Properties, then add and -debug_mode to the dialog box in the Launch Options section.
After you have completed these steps, you should now be able to access Victoria 3’s console using the tilde key ().
Before we get into Victoria 3’s console commands and cheats list, it is worth noting that Victoria 3’s debug mode allows specific actions to be performed at the touch of a single button.
Although it’s not as generous as Crusader Kings 3, you can still change the type of government for your country by using the buttons in the lower menu.
You can also press Ctrl+left to click on any country, which will play as you intended. Ctrl+Alt+Left click immediately annexes the region.
Remember to remove the brackets below when inputting Victoria 3 console commands and cheats:
- add_approval (interest group name) (amount) (period) – Adds or removes the specified amount of approval for the specified amount of time to a specified interest group
- add_clout (interest group name) (amount) (period) – Adds or removes the specified amount of clout for the specified amount of time to a specified interest group
- add_ideology (interest group name) (ideology name) – Adds specified ideology to specified interest group
- add_loyalists (culture) (amount) – Adds specified amount of loyalists
- add_radicals (culture) (amount) – Adds specified amount of radicals
- add_relations (country tag) (amount) – Changes relations with a specified country by a specified amount
- add_war_support (country tag) (amount) – Changes war support of a specified country in all its wars by the specified amount
- annex (country tag/id) – Annexes specified country
- annex (country tag/id) – Annexes all other countries
- change_law (law key) (country tag) – Changes a law in a specified country to the specified key; country tag optional
- changestatepop (state ID) (pop type/all) (factor – Changes the size of the specified pop type or all pops by the given factor; capped at maximum employment for each pop type
- conquer all (country tag) – Gives player control of all provinces of the specified country
- create_country (country definition) (country type) (culture) (state ID) – Creates country with specified parameters
- create_political_movement (law type key) – Creates political movement
- cthulhu – ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!
- debug_mode – Toggles debug mode
- disable_ai (all/tag) – Disables AI
- disable_pop_growth – Toggles the cheat mode disable_pop_growth
- disable_retooling – Toggles the cheat mode disable_retooling
- enable_ai (all/tag) – Enables AI
- event (event name) (country tag/province ID) – Executes specified event targeting specified country or province
- fast build – Toggles the cheat mode fast build
- fasten – Toggles the cheat mode fasten
- fast hire – Toggles the cheat mode fast hire
- fastinstitutions – Toggles the cheat mode fastinstitutions
- fast interests – Toggles the cheat mode fast interests
- fact mobilize – Toggles the cheat mode fact mobilize
- fast research – Toggles the cheat mode fast research
- fast revolutions – Toggles the cheat mode fast revolutions
- fast secession – Toggles the cheat mode fast secession
- fasttravels – Toggles the cheat mode fasttravels
- help – Provides a list of all commands